Facilities

A Building with a History

Our beautiful building was constructed in 1926 as the Revelstoke Post Office and Customs, on a site chosen in 1910 by Prime Minister Wilfrid Laurier. The building became home to Revelstoke Museum & Archives in July 1974, initially sharing the space with Revelstoke Art Group. The building has retained many of its original features, including marble and terrazzo in the entrance, and the original fir flooring on the second floor.

gift shop book.jpg

Gift Shop

Featuring many local products and artists.

 

exhibits.jpg

Exhibits

Two floors of extensive displays telling the history of Revelstoke.

 


garden.jpg

Heritage Garden

A beautiful garden getaway open to the public during museum hours.

 

archives.jpg

Archives

Thousands of records allowing in depth research of our community as far back as the late 1800s.